Updating Alexa is a simple process that can be done through the Alexa app on your phone or tablet. Here are the detailed steps:
- Open the Alexa app on your device. The Alexa app is available on both iOS and Android devices.
- Tap on the menu icon in the upper left corner of the screen. It looks like three horizontal lines.
- From the menu, tap on “Settings.”
- Scroll down and tap on the name of your Alexa device. If you have multiple Alexa devices, make sure to select the one you want to update.
- On the device settings screen, tap on “Software Update.”
- Tap on “Download and Install.” Alexa will now check for updates.
- If an update is available, you will see a notification that says “An update is available.” Tap on “Install Now” to begin the update process.
- The update will begin downloading. This may take a few minutes, depending on the size of the update and the speed of your internet connection.
- Once the download is complete, the update will automatically install and your device will restart.
It’s important to keep your Alexa device up to date because updates often include new features and security improvements. Updating Alexa is a quick and easy way to ensure that you are getting the most out of your device.