An Android update can make your Xiaomi phone faster and of better quality.
Here are the steps to download android updates on Xiaomi:
- First, open your computer go to Xiaomi. eu to unlock the bootloader. Go to MIUI ROM releases and select the latest release. Read the rules and regulations carefully. As Xiaomi does not have recovery ROM, we need to use the fastboot method.
- Next, go and download the weekly android devices link on the same page, above the device list table. Scroll down and select your device and click on download. Start downloading the ROM and save it.
- Open the downloaded folder, right-click on it, move the cursor to Extract all, then 7-zip and select Extract to option.
- Now, open the folder. There will be two critical files. First, download the fastboot with data format, then install the windows fastboot update file. If you are a holder of custom ROM already, you need to select that file. It will not delete your data and will update the firmware. But as we are using the fastboot method, click to download it.
- Now get back to your Xiaomi and shut down as in click on power off. Hold on volume down and power button to put your phone on fastboot mode. Now during this time, connect your computer to your phone. Make sure that your bootloader is unlocked.
- Now that the devices are connected. We need to select the first fastboot file and click it twice, and now you need to delete all your internal storage and data to proceed. Select yes and tap enter.
- Now it will send all of it to your phone, the process will take a bit of time, wait patiently, you can go around for a walk in your room, relax it will load.
- Congrats! You have successfully installed an android update (whichever you have chosen) on your Xiaomi. To confirm my words, get to set, then go to All specs, you can check your update.
The latest is Android 12, and it will make your Xiaomi run efficiently. It gives you an option for google assistant, an emergency SOS option in setting, powerful SOS updates. You also get a new privacy dashboard, and you get to toggle off on new toggles for privacy reasons like apps access to your location, microphone, camera.