Spam messages or calls are a nuisance for everyone. It is irritating to receive calls during an important meeting or irrelevant messages, which are of no use and only fill up the inbox.
Spam calls have gone out of hand! Earlier, one could choose to ignore any phone calls with ‘unknown’ caller ID or a remote or toll-free area code.
But now, thanks to the automated systems, spoof phone numbers, scammers and spammers can call you from numbers that look like they’re from right in your neighbourhood.
However, a ray of hope shines in this situation for iPhone users.
Yes, it is true that one will be able to put a full stop to spam calls now.
iPhone users can pause these spammers for good as Apple has introduced a new feature of third party apps which warns you of such messages.
The Different Ways To Block Spam
Silence Unknown Callers
- First, go to Settings and tap on ‘Phone’.
- Scroll and tap on ‘Silence Unknown Callers’.
- On the page, you will see a detailed description of the above feature and a toggle button to turn it on.
Using Spam Filtering Apps
- First, visit the App Store and search for an app that recognizes and stops spam phone calls.
- Once you have found a suitable app, download it. One can also download multiple apps by different developers.
- Now, go to Settings and tap on ‘Phone’.
- Scroll and search for ‘Call Blocking and Identification’ and choose the option.
- Once you tap on it, it asks for permission.
- Click on the ‘Allow’ button below the option ‘Allow These Applications to Stop Calls and Caller ID’.
Block Certain Numbers
- Tap on Favorites, Recent or Voicemail.
- Then, tap on the ‘information’ button beside the phone number one wants to block.
- Scroll down and select the ‘Block this caller’ option to block it.
- It is almost the same for known contacts. Tap on the contact.
- Then tap on the information and then ‘Block This Caller’ to block.
Apple users are now at a lower risk of receiving any spam calls. They have made life easier with these new features in the apps.
All one needs is an iPhone iOS 9 or later model in order to use this third party app which blocks and restricts calls efficiently.